Bookkeeper Position Available
We are looking for a Bookkeeper who is an energetic self-motivated individual dedicated to details and ensuring things are done right. If you are good with numbers, have extensive QuickBooks knowledge and are a very good multitasker then you have come to the right place.
Matrax, Inc. is an emerging market leader whose flagship product, the Matrax 4 x 4 turf protection mat is specified by name in many prominent NFL and MLB stadiums in the US and abroad. We are partners with the NY Giants, Jets and NE Patriots and used exclusively in high profile sporting venues throughout Japan. We are a design, engineering and, manufacturing company whose products and systems are utilized to build drivable outdoor field covers, portable site access roads, temporary modular bridges and a range of other ancillary products to include specialized plates, shields and outrigger pads. We provide a turnkey, customer centered approach that includes sales, rentals, site surveys, installation and removal.
As a bookkeeper you will ensure that the most economically viable and safe decisions are made in order to keep finances tight and under control. This role requires vast knowledge of QuickBooks in order to track and record Matrax financial transactions and records. Strong MS-Excel skills are also a requirement. Part of the bookkeeping process will also involve calculating, recording, and balancing financial reports, including payroll. A healthy relationship with employees is an essential component of this role. Your will also work closely with the owners to help ensure that smart decisions are made when selling Matrax assets or evaluating total revenue, profits, losses, and financial position. In order to communicate the aforementioned information fully and thoroughly you will also be responsible for preparing applicable reports. Other responsibilities may include creating reports for information pertaining to retirement and payroll, entering changes to employee payroll records (often through QuickBooks), and handling voluntary and involuntary deductions. You will also manage all accounts payable expenses and account receivables, including invoicing, purchase orders, and collections. The administrative responsibilities include assisting the sales team with freight logistics, CRM data entry and vendor registration forms. Attention to detail and strong communication skills are key ingredients for success in this role.
- Data Entry in QuickBooks
- Monthly Bank Reconciliations
- Balance QuickBooks ledgers with bank ledgers throughout the month
- Electronically submit sales and use tax files as required
- Respond to all tax inquiries from the individual states and the fed
- Electronically process bi-weekly payroll
- Reconcile employee time sheets and expense reports
- Electronically submit 941 filings
- Electronically complete 401(k) processing
- Update and maintain rental fleet inventory
- Assist with customer invoicing
- Assist with AR collection calls
- Obtain trucking quotations for sales representatives
- Generate trucking bill of lading documents as needed
- Complete supplier/vendor registrations
- Maintain DOT records of CDL truck drivers
- Review and update reports generated by mat installation crews
- Ensure that mat installation crews are submitting credit card receipts and mat movement tickets
- Generate mat rental agreements as requested by the sales representatives
- Assist with data entry in CRM system
- Able to work in a fast-paced growing environment with proven ability to multi-task and adapt easily
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of CRM software, preferably SalesForce.com
- Proficient working knowledge of QuickBooks
Ready for the Next Step?
- Send resume and any other materials that will help separate you from the pack to email@example.com
- Call 1-855-MAT-ROAD, then select option #3 or extension 704