Outside Sales Representative
Matrax is looking for a dynamic, Outside Sales Representative to represent Jersey Silt Sock, our sediment and erosion control product primarily to installers and distributors, and secondarily to contractors in the Mid-Atlantic region. This vertical requires a 100% proactive sales effort. The candidate will have access to a suite of software tools to assist in their efforts, including subscriber-based construction bidding software, Salesforce CRM and dynamic location mapping software.
We are looking for a candidate that embraces this type of sales process and who is prepared to spend considerable time building relationships and chasing work. Cold calling, face-to-face meetings, site visits, attending trades show and trade association events is what this sector requires. As PA, NY and NJ are intense use areas, we are looking for a candidate who resides within the trade area. Like other elements of the business, this sector requires strong customer service skills and the ability to work with the manufacturing crew in our NJ location to fabricate and deliver orders.
The candidate will be supplied with a laptop, cell phone and company vehicle. This position is structured as salary plus commission, based on the candidate’s experience.
Responsibilities for Outside Sales Representative
- Travel to service areas to represent the company and achieve the assigned goal
- Make outbound calls
- Maintain a professional company image at all times
- Identify opportunities to improve sales performance
- Recommend improvements to boost performance
- Monitor market conditions in relation to competitors
- Build strong and successful relationships with clients
- Utilize various software, technology and equipment to fulfill the job requirements
Qualifications for Outside Sales Representative
- Proven experience as a sales representative in the construction industry preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service and rapport
- Great persuasive and negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proficient in technology and dealing with equipment and software
- Able to travel frequently as required of the job
Matrax offers its employees a dynamic and evolving work atmosphere a base salary commensurate with experience with the ability to earn performance bonuses, a 401(k) with company match, and employee healthcare. Matrax is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland and maintains physical locations in New Jersey, Florida, Ohio and the Carolinas.
Please send inquires and resumes to email@example.com.