Sales and Marketing Assistant
Matrax, Inc. is an emerging market leader in temporary site access solutions for both construction applications and stadium event flooring. Our flagship product, the Matrax 4 x 4 turf protection and event flooring mat, is specified by name in many prominent NFL and MLB stadiums in the US and abroad. We are partners with MetLife and Gillette Stadiums, and used in high profile venues in Asia, Australia, Canada and Europe. Our product is also in use as temporary flooring for large, modular structures in the mining and oil industry and has been used in various construction and industrial applications. Our construction matting and temporary bridge products are used throughout the east coast to build temporary roads and facilitate job site access for heavy civil construction, utilities maintenance and repair and other commercial and industrial applications. Matrax is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland and maintains physical locations in New Jersey, Florida, Ohio and the Carolinas.
We are in search of a dynamic, outgoing individual to join our sales and marketing team. Reporting to the Director of Sales and Marketing and working closely with the field sales staff, this position will help build, maintain and expand the sales opportunity pipeline.
- Help identify high quality leads through a variety of activities such as: online research, social media outreach, outbound phone calls and participation in relevant networking opportunities (industry association events, tradeshows, workshops, etc.).
- Vetting inbound leads and assigning to the appropriate salesperson.
- Proactively identifying and vetting relevant bid opportunities.
- Documentation of all relevant activities in the Salesforce CRM tool.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Helping to create presentation content and coordinate logistics for in-person sales meetings and product demonstrations.
- Provide intelligence on competitive companies, products and pricing.
- Interface with customers during and after the sale to ensure a positive experience.
- Contact customers to attain project photos, testimonials and referrals.
- Support the sales staff at regional and national trade shows and conferences.
- Provide assistance with logistics: attain freight quotes, coordinate delivery and pickup, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or experience in B2B sales preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using social media as a sales tool a plus
- Proficiency in Excel and experience with Salesforce CRM or equivalent is a plus
Salary plus bonus
401(k) plan with company matching
Company sponsored health plan
- You must be energetic, intelligent and creative
- Excellent communication skills. Truly enjoys working with people.
- Ability to multitask and problem solve on the fly
- Proficient in Salesforce, Word, Excel, InDesign, Quickbooks and exhibit no computer phobias of any kind
- We prefer prior experience, but will invest in quality people that want to perform at a high level
- Enjoys working in a team environment
What can you expect?
- A dynamic evolving work atmosphere
- Base salary with the ability to earn performance bonuses
- 401(k) with company match
- Healthcare reimbursement program
Ready for the Next Step?
- Send resume and any other materials that will help separate you from the pack to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 1-855-MAT-ROAD and ask for Nicole Andrews