Matrax: Your supplier for AlturnaMATS®. The most cost-effective ground protection mat.
AlturnaMATS® are manufactured with 1/2″ thick recycled polyethylene and are designed for short-term use to reduce turf or natural grass damage. As you can see below, they make fantastic grass protection mats by preventing small equipment from forming ruts and allowing pedestrian easy access to difficult areas.
These construction mats are available in black, white or translucent as well as a variety of lengths and widths. On top of color & size options we also have the following tread options:
- Bold, cleat design/diamond plate tread for vehicle traction
- Practical, flat slip-resistant tread design for pedestrian traffic (VersaMATS®)
- Smooth non-tread for flat surfaces that contain sensitive turf
Are you looking for AlturnaMATS® or ground matting in Maryland, Florida, or any other east coast state? Matrax not only has AlturnaMATS® for sale but we also have a large number of products available as ground protection mat rentals (includes not only our used AlturnaMATS® fleet but others).
Sizes to Suit Your Needs
|Dimensions (ft)||Weight (lbs)|
|4 x 8||86|
|3 x 8||65|
|3 x 6||51|
|2 x 8||43|
|2 x 6||43|
|2 x 4||22|
When AlturnaMATS® are used as driveable grass protection mats, we recommend choosing larger mats because the distribution of the load is improved as mat size increases. This will also help decrease the chance of driving off the mats onto expensive, manicured lawns or into mud.
- Supports up to 120-ton vehicles
- Rugged 0.5 inch thick polyethylene
- Displacement of weight ensures maximum grass protection
- Can be easily washed and cleaned with water
- Mats can be locked together with “Turn-A-Links”
- Limited lifetime warranty
AlturnaMATS® and VersaMATS® Applications:
- Golf course fairway or green protection mats
- Engineered athletic turf covering
- Ground protection mats during utility construction
- Lawn protection mats for routine landscaping, tree removal, and lawn care
- Cemetery ground protection mats during maintenance or services
- Pedestrian walkways
- Temporary roadway mats to access drilling site
The mats can be joined together using E-Z Links, a convenient linking system for the AlturnaMATS® or VersaMATS®. The links are available in single or double, and are suitable for pedestrian applications as well as the movement of light, compact equipment (less than 12,000 GVW) when on stable ground.
Matrax also offers the Mat-Pak, a handy way to transport and store your AlturnaMATS. The neatly bound package contents include:
- 12 mats (3’x8’ or 4’x8’ size)
- 1 metal storage, skid rack
- 20 single “Turn-A-Links”
- 2 Handi-Hooks
- 2 Ratchet straps
These mats are not intended for use as platforms during actual construction activity such as drilling or excavating. If this light-duty mat is not the right fit for your specific application, check out our heavy duty composite mats, or timber mats. Give us a call at (855) 628-7623 to discuss your project.