Introducing Matrax 4×8 TNG Ground Protection Mats.
The First Injection-molded 4′ x8′ Composite Access Mat on the Market
The injection-molding process produces ground protection mats that ensure product consistency, quality and strength. Matrax uses virgin, high-density polyethylene (HDPE) plastic — no recycled material. Injection molded HDPE materials are lightweight and strong. HDPE also has a high tensile strength, chemical and heat resistance, surface hardness and abrasion resistance
The light-weight, cost-effective alternative to other options – Just Throw ‘n’ Go!
At just 7o lbs., Matrax 4×8 TNG ground protection mats are the lightest option on the market, creating less stress on workers and helping to reduce freight costs. Tough and robust, they can handle up to 80 tons of heavy equipment while following the contour of the terrain without breaking. The tread pattern on both sides of the mats helps provide contact with the ground and creates a safe surface for workers and wheeled equipment. Unlike plywood that warps, splinters and degrades quickly, the Matrax 4×8 TNG ground protection mats are weather resistant, will not absorb oil and contaminants, are easy to clean and will maintain it properties over many uses.
Factory-direct priced at just $175/mat, this reusable asset offers extreme durability and will deliver a return on your investment within 4 uses.
- At just 70 lbs, the light mat weight enables quick installation
- Ergonomic hand holes are molded into every mat and come standard for easy handling
- The translucent-white color helps keep the mat cooler in high heat and allows light to filter through, helping to mitigate damage to grass and sensitive ground cover
- Holes in all four corners allow mats to be connected with zip ties or cleats
- Standard white translucent color helps protect grass from burning in high heat
- The mats are designed with a unique, non-mirrored tread design from side A to side B. A vertical cleat line on side A aligns with a horizontal cleat line at that same location on side B. This prevents point loading and allows mats to be stacked perfectly aligned on a pallet or in a truck bed – on need to offset the mats for stacking.
- The Matrax 4×8 TNG mat is white with a certain factor of translucency to keep the mat cooler and allow light to pass through. This helps reduce heat stress to guard against burning or damaging grassy areas.Made of HDPE plastic, the mats will not warp, splinter and degrade, even in excessive heat and cold, will not absorb oil and other chemicals and is easy to clean.
- Protects against rutting and irreparable damage to grass, and sensitive grounds:
- Landscaping and tree maintenance
- Pool installation
- Golf course maintenance
- Cemetery grounds work
- Building repair and maintenance
- Sports field turf
- Provides safe site access onto soft, uneven and undulating ground
- Creates safe pedestrian walkways
- Outdoor events
- Construction sites
- Beach Access
- 4′ x 8′ x .5″; 70 lbs
- Virgin high-density polyethylene plastic (HDPE)
- Translucent white (standard) helps reduce heat stress and allows light to filter through
- Ergonomically designed molded hand holds and connector holds standard
- Rated for 80 tons
- Low profile tread on both sides engineered to improve strength and safety and reduce point loading
- Connection holds placed to work seamlessly with systems
The Matrax Difference
Matrax is the designer, engineer and manufacturer of high-quality injection-molded HDPE flooring and site access matting products. With over 10 years of manufacturing experience, we place an extremely high value on product quality, consistency and proven field performance. Our flagship product, the Matrax 4×4 Portable Flooring System is in use in a wide range of applications both domestically and internationally and has stood up to the most punishing environments and uses. We are proud to introduce the first injection-molded ground protection mat to the site access market. Like our portable flooring mats, the Matrax 4×8 TNG Ground Protection Mat is engineered and manufactured to deliver a high-level of performance and will last for many uses for years to come.