Matrax was called upon by the Jerry L. Pettis memorial Veterans Hospital to provide a safe, stable and easy-to-clean temporary flooring for their COVID-19 screening shelters.
Rapid Mobilization. Fast and Easy Installation.
With the band on public gatherings, Matrax, like many companies catering to the event industry, has found itself at the forefront of the fight to stem the spread of COVID-19. The need for the rapid deployment of drive-through testing sites, temporary medial facilities, temporary distribution centers and other temporary structures has created a need for the fast mobilization and project management skills of tent and temporary structure companies, rental houses and event production companies.
Typically, the Matrax 4×4 flooring system is used to support special events (such as concerts) inside open air sports stadiums – providing both a turf preservation element and a load distribution capability. The Jerry L. Pettis Memorial Veterans Hospital in California recently selected Matrax for its temporary screening center because of its superior performance qualities, ease of installation and ability to be deployed quickly.
The Jerry L Pettis Memorial Veterans Hospital is part of the VA Loma Linda Healthcare System located in Loma Linda, CA. Chief Engineer, Mark Moritz, contacted Matrax in his effort to source a modular industrial flooring system (and quickly) to support two 640 square foot COVID-19 screening shelters over a paved parking lot.
The objectives were simple yet precise:
- Decontamination capabilities; can be power washed with hot water and soap daily if required; drainage holes keep water from pooling
- Spotlessly clean; newly manufactured
- Elevation; keeps patients and electrical equipment from exposure to rain water (1.5” height); ADA ramps available for egress/ingress
- Light weight yet robust; efficient installation and removal if it needs to be relocated quickly; ships quickly
- Interlocking; safe, rigid, free of trip hazards
The Matrax interlocking flooring panel system met these objectives. More importantly, we had inventory readily available for immediate deployment.
Additional Matrax resources here, including videos and photos, as well as our dedicated COVID-19 webpage.