Matrax Temporary Bridges
Matrax Inc. offers several temporary bridges options for a range of site access situations for rental and purchase. From simple timber crane mat bridges to engineer-rated modular steel bridges, we can assist with site access over streams, waterways, wetlands and drainage ditches. Our personnel have over 30 years of combined experience in temporary bridge installations in combination with temporary access road solutions for the power transmission, heavy construction, and oil and gas industries and cross country pipeline construction.
One size does not fit all and Matrax will work with your site managers to determine the type of temporary bridge best suited to your application based on site conditions, traffic patterns, load requirements, schedules, public safety and budget. Matrax can assist with transport, offloading, loading, installation and removal of the temporary bridge.
Once transported and installed, Matrax portable bridges allow seamless vehicular travel for your equipment, site vehicles and work crews. We understand the importance of critical deadlines and schedules and will work with your team to see that your project keeps moving.
Simple Crane Mat Bridges
For spans up to 16′, our most cost-effective solution is a bridge constructed of high- quality 12” thick crane mats. Made with mix of tough, dense woods, steel rods and coated ends for rot protection, our crane mat bridges are durable, resistant to compression, and capable of handling heavy equipment and harsh weather conditions. Notched lifting eyes provide multiple lifting options for easy transport.
- Ideal for stream crossing, drainage ditches and protecting shallow utilities
- Available up to 16 ft. spans
- Able to withstand the weight of cranes, rigs, and all heavy machinery. We only use top grade dense hardwood to ensure strength and long lasting durability
- A non-engineered off-site solution
Our ready-made prefabricated portable bridges are a solution for those projects requiring a temporary bridge for spans from 16′ to 70′. For voids up to 50′, we offer portable hinged bridges and prefabricated hybrid bridges for spans up to 70′. Both styles can be installed with a small crew in one day.
Made with dense wood and steel railings, our prefabricated bridges are ideal for pedestrian and light vehicular traffic.
- Ideal for larger stream crossings, canal crossings, shallow utilities and smaller bodies of water
- Hinged bridges are available for rent and purchase in 30′, 35′, 40′ and 50′ lengths
- Prefabricated bridges are available for rent in our standard 60′ length or purchase in custom sizes for spans up to 70 ft. (Single lane only)
- Our readymade bridges come pre-assembled in two parts significantly and assembled in a matter of hours.
- Constructed of wood and steel